Forest River – Important Safety Recall for Kidde Fire Extinguishers
Vehicle years 2002-2018
- NHTSA RECALL: 17V756
- CANADA RECALL: 2017-610
This recall affects two fire extinguisher styles:
- Fire Extinguishers with Plastic Handles – fire extinguisher may become clogged or require excessive force to activate.
- Pindicator/Push Button Fire Extinguishers – excessive force may be required to activate.
This Recall does not include Kidde Professional or Badger branded fire extinguishers. Units with metal handles/valve assemblies are not included in this recall.
Follow These Steps to Identify if your Fire Extinguisher is Involved in the Recall:
- View the following links to determine if you have an affected model:
- If you believe that you may have an affected model, before continuing, also use the Fire Extinguisher ID Guide (link above) to locate and collect your Model Number, Serial Number, and Date Code (if applicable). The Date Code is a 10-digit number printed on the side of your fire extinguisher, near the bottom. Digits five through nine represent the day and year of manufacture, and these five numbers are what you will need to proceed.
- When you are ready to proceed, select your unit from the list below. Note: If you have a push button model used on a personal watercraft such as a JET SKI®, be sure to select the personal watercraft option.
- If you believe that you have an affected extinguisher installed in an RV or you are an RV dealer, please select your unit from the list below. To complete the replacement process you will need to have the VIN number of your vehicle. If you have additional questions, please call 1-855-262-3540.
The two guides listed above will help you to identify the information needed for the recall. In addition you will need the VIN of your vehicle to request the replacement device.
Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall – Online Order Form
For more information:
- Read the Full Announcement on the CPSC Website here…
- Frequently Asked Questions here…
- Read more about the recall here…
- Kidde 2017 Fire Extinguisher Recall Video Identification Guide (US and Canada) here…
Further information is available using the following resources:
- United States
- Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 Jersey Avenue, SE, Washington, DC 20590
- Vehicle Safety Hotline – 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153)
- Recall ID: 17V756
- Head of Recalls, Motor Vehicle Safety Investigations Laboratory, Transport Canada, 80 Noel Street, Gatineau, Quebec, J8Z 0A1
- Telephone – (800) 333-0510
- Facsimile – (819) 420-4292
- Recall ID: 2017-610
Recall Issued December 15, 2017